We are the Marincas-Bucy Family, Gregg (Daddy), Marlyn (Mama), Alex John (4.5 years old), and Gregorie Ann (3 years old). This blog will be the story of our 6 months spent traveling through Mexico and Central America. Please read along to follow us on our adventures, to find information about planning your own adventure, to get hints and ideas on traveling with small children, or to just daydream.
[Alex is now 7 and Gregorie is 5.5 , and our six months were spent. We are still reliving our adventures every day. And sharing them here. And dreaming of more... always dreaming...]

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Saying Goodbye, Part 5

I started to do this post over an hour ago but got distracted by more than a dozen Facebook messages wishing us well.  I am beyond touched by the love and support!  Thank you lovely people!

So, here we are, T minus 10.5!  (Surely 10 flat by the time I finish!)  The mad rush of stuff is over.  There are still about a dozen things to do in the morning but they are not time consuming (save the final load of laundry!).  

It's a big goodbye.  Gregg talked to his aunt.  I talked to his mom.  I called my bro and SIL and talked to Danny and Sara (nephew and niece).  We'll call my folks tomorrow from Coronado, the last stop in the US.  

Goodbye figs!  (last year the little tree (3-ft tall) made ONE fig; this year, loaded!  I am happy to have picked half a dozen before we leave --hope that John and Diane like figs!)
Goodbye butternut squash that took me two years to grow!  Wonder if there are more of you out on the vine???

Goodbye kitchen, so long in the making, still not done, all labeled up!


Goodbye frig!  Hope somebody fills you soon!

Goodbye plants, all brought inside!  Sorry, it will be cold soon enough!

Goodbye closets.  I would love to keep you so free and empty!

Goodbye house.  I love you!

Goodbye sweet sweet kitty!  My little Traveler boy!  Be happy and safe!



Goodbye Barbies.  Yeah, not likely.  You KNOW she is planning on bringing those!



1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip. Stay safe! We will miss you guys. Love you all!
    - Andi, Jon, Nathan & Charlie

    ReplyDelete