We are the Marincas-Bucy Family, Gregg (Daddy), Marlyn (Mama), Alex John (4.5 years old), and Gregorie Ann (3 years old). This blog will be the story of our 6 months spent traveling through Mexico and Central America. Please read along to follow us on our adventures, to find information about planning your own adventure, to get hints and ideas on traveling with small children, or to just daydream.
[Alex is now 7 and Gregorie is 5.5 , and our six months were spent. We are still reliving our adventures every day. And sharing them here. And dreaming of more... always dreaming...]

Monday, September 28, 2009

Saying Goodbye, Part 4

Less than 36 hours until our "scheduled departure time"!  Woo hoo!  I would be really excited if there weren't still 1000 things to do!  Today, in an attempt to knock off a bunch of those details, I made a sweeping loop around northwestern LA County.  I left home and headed up Topanga Canyon Boulevard, to Woodland Hills (to hit the bank).  From there I drove the 101N, to Calabasas (for a bikini wax! TMI -- LOL).  Then I headed back down Malibu Canyon Road, to Malibu (pharmacy and another bank).

The weather here has cooled -- wind is off the sea.  A light mist hovers on the mountains.  There were even clouds in the sky.  And the beach was hazy.  As I drove down Malibu Canyon, the to-do list buzzing in my head, I had to silence that buzz.  The mist put the hillsides into soft focus and I had to just breathe and marvel at the beauty of the Santa Monica Mountains.  In these moments, I KNOW why we live here!  I'm still ready to go!   But here, ain't so bad!

And then dear friends stopped by tonight to bid us goodbye one last time! Thank you Nikki, Danny, Ian, and Zara!  We will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment