We are the Marincas-Bucy Family, Gregg (Daddy), Marlyn (Mama), Alex John (4.5 years old), and Gregorie Ann (3 years old). This blog will be the story of our 6 months spent traveling through Mexico and Central America. Please read along to follow us on our adventures, to find information about planning your own adventure, to get hints and ideas on traveling with small children, or to just daydream.
[Alex is now 7 and Gregorie is 5.5 , and our six months were spent. We are still reliving our adventures every day. And sharing them here. And dreaming of more... always dreaming...]

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Saying Goodbye, Part 1

Over the past year, we have spent 1/4 of our lives up here at the cabin -- in Blairsden, CA, in the Northeastern Sierras.  It is not Home, but a place we call home sometimes.   I sit here on the deck now, gazing out over the pine- and fir- and cedar-covered mountains, under a Sierra sky (something you just have to see to understand -- a magical thing), saying "goodbye" to this place.  Seven months will pass before we are back here.  

I have been through the closets and drawers three times to be sure nothing we'll need or want in the coming months is left behind.  Gregg and I have cleaned the garage to park the truck up here for the winter.  Tomorrow before we leave we will winterize and shut down.  Hard to think of "winterizing" while the sun beats on my legs and the thermometer reads 89!

We spent Christmas here last year (and Alex's birthday, our anniversary, and New Year's Eve, oh and Thanksgiving too!). 

Thanksgiving this year will be spent in Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica.

http://centralamerica.com/cr/gallery/graphics/ahmanuelantonio.jpg

Alex's birthday and Christmas will be spent in Bocas del Toro, Panama.

http://ifmsapanama.org/int/images/stories/imagenes/general/picture6.jpg

For our 3rd wedding anniversary we will be in Cahuita, Costa Rica.  And we'll welcome the New Year in a Costa Rican rainforest.  

For now, I watch the evening sun illuminate the wings of the myriad birds and insects that make a home in these gorgeous, forested mountains.  

And me here with no camera!


4 comments:

  1. Your words create vibrant pictures!

    I'm so glad you will be blogging-- I miss you already! :)
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenni! I look forward to sharing it all with you! And to showing you a big album of photos while we sip some wine when I get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a deal on the albums & wine!!!

    :) your girls are lucky girls!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marlyn,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Blairsden to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete